MCASD’s "25 and Under Art Contest" is BACK!
If you’re age 25 and under we want to see YOUR artwork! Visit the galleries, get inspired, and create something! We’re accepting artworks in almost all mediums and only ask that you use the human eye as inspiration.
The deadline for entries was Friday, May 16 at 11:59 PM.
Our esteemed panel of judges (see below) will review images of the artworks to determine their favorite 25 works. Those works will be featured on the Museum's Facebook page and the public will be invited to vote on their favorites from May 28-June 4 at noon.
Bring your friends and family to see the works in person (and vote again!) at our showcase reception at MCASD Downtown from 2-4 PM on Saturday, June 7.
After the showcase we’ll tally the in-person and Facebook votes to announce our winners. Here’s how the winning categories (and prizes!) break down.
From the twenty-five entries, four winners will be selected in two categories: Curator’s Choice (First Place and Honorable Mention), which are selected by an MCASD curator, and People’s Choice (First Place and Honorable Mention), both of which are chosen based on Facebook “likes” and on-site votes at the showcase event. Prizes are as follows:
- Curator’s Choice, First Place: $500 gift certificate to Blick Art Materials, a year-long Dual/Family MCASD Membership, and a curator-led tour of the exhibition of your choice.
- Curator’s Choice, Honorable Mention: $100 gift certificate to Blick Art Materials, and a year-long Membership to the Museum.
- People’s Choice, First Place: $100 gift certificate to Blick Art Materials, and a year-long Membership to the Museum.
- People’s Choice, Honorable Mention: $100 gift certificate to Blick Art Materials, and a year-long Membership to the Museum.
This year's panel of judges includes:
- Russ Sperling, Visual and Performing Arts Coordinator of the San Diego County Office of Education and President of the California Music Educators Association (MEA)
- Elizabeth Wepsic, Visual Arts Department Chair of The Bishop's School, Art Educator/Tutor, and TSFL Health Coach
- Emil Halliday, winner of last year's 25 and Under Art Contest
- Susan Myrland, independent curator and arts writer
If you are one of the 25 finalists, you will be notified the week of May 26 and asked to deliver your artwork to MCASD Downtown for our showcase event on June 7.
The clock is ticking. Show us what you got!
Learn about last year’s contest and check out the winners.
Read more about contest rules and regulations.