Check out the Doodle 4 Google State Finalists at MCASD Downtown!
Beginning today through September 30, you can see artwork by the top 10 California finalists in this year's Doodle 4 Google competition. Entries are featured in the display windows inside One America Plaza at the corner of Kettner and Broadway. One of the four national finalists was 12-year-old Herman Wang of West Covina, who will receive a $5,000 scholarship for college from Google.
This year Google received more than 114,000 entries, hailing from every corner of the country. The state finalists include the highest ranked doodles from each grade group from California. The final 50 state winners were chosen by Google employees and guest judges from the 250 state finalists. The overall contest winner's artwork is featured on Google's home page today and comes from second grader Dylan Hoffman of Caledonia, Wisc. (pictured at right)
Stop by today and get inspired!
Recent blog posts
- Art is Alive
- MCASD Announces "Shore Thing," Extended Summer Hours in La Jolla
- On the Horizon: Selection Dinner 2013
- On the Road: MCASD's Collection Gets Around
- MCASD GOES GANGNAM STYLE FOR FREEDOM
- Get Seen: MCASD Announces Second Annual 25 and Under Art Contest
- Robert Pincus Picks
- Artist Spotlight: Margaret Noble
- Qualcomm Foundation Pays it Forward
- Give AND Receive